Lessons for Homeowners from Green Affordable Housing (Switzer Foundation Webinar Series)
Are you a homeowner, interested in finding ways to make your home or investment property more sustainable? Then listen to Beverly Craig (1994) discuss lessons learned from six years working on improving the water and energy performance of multifamily affordable housing with Homeowner's Rehab, a nonprofit that owns over 1,000 units of affordable housing in Cambridge, Massachusetts. They "green" their portfolio by installing energy efficient devices in their properties, which helps them meet both financial and social goals.
She answers questions including:
- Why do buildings matter when it comes to CO2 production?
- How do you find out how your home measures up to others in your neighborhood?
- What are the most cost effective energy measures you can take?
- What devices can you use to reduce phantom electric loads?
Originally broadcast: March 18, 2013.
- Copy of the presentation slides (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Green Living Guide sample from Homeowner's Rehab (PDF, 2.6 MB)