2016 California Fall Fellows' Retreat
Please note: Registration is now closed for the California Fall Fellows' Retreat. Fellows interested in attending but who haven't yet registered, please contact Erin Lloyd.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
- 1:30 - 2 pm: 2016 Fellows arrive
- 2 - 5 pm: Orientation and Flash Talks in the Coast Room
- 5 - 6 pm: Free time, get settled in rooms, participating Fellowship Alumni arrive
- 6 - 7 pm: Dinner
- 7 - 9 pm: Social time
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2016
- 8 - 9 am: Breakfast, and welcome new arrivals
- 9 am-5 pm: Transformative Leadership training in the Coast Room (NOTE: available seats are filled, but we have started a wait list in case of cancellations)
- (12:15 - 1:15 pm: Lunch)
- 5 - 6 pm: Free time
- 6 pm: Dinner
- 7 - 9 pm: Presentation by Switzer Fellow Dr. Tracey Osborne about her work under a Leadership Grant on the Climate Alliance Mapping Project. This project is part of a collaborative campaign with Amazon Watch, the Sierra Club and others to keep fossil fuels in the ground. Tracey's presentation will be followed by social time and campfire (if conditions permit).
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2016
- 8 - 9 am: Breakfast
- 9 - 10:30 am: Networking/outdoor time (informal small group discussions, hike on NatureBridge trails, hang out on the beach!)
- 10:30-Noon: Switzer Fellow Panel Discussion: Bringing an Equity Lens to Environmental Work. Switzer Fellows with field experience will talk about their work and how to expand our understanding of equity, power and privilege in our lives and work.
- 12-12:30 pm: Presentation of 2016 Fellowship Awards
- 12:30-1:30 pm: Lunch
- 1:30 pm: Depart