Nancy Steele speaking at Investing in Local Communities: Impact Investing and How It Works
Impact investments are investments made into organizations with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return to the investors. This workshop seeks to address several questions: Who are these investors? What projects do they invest in? For whose benefit? And what long-term effect will they have in LA?
Join this workshop to learn about economic development infrastructure investments, such as what we will see with the LA River restoration project.
- Caitlyn McClane (Milken Institute) invited
- Bianca Philippi (UCLA Extension)
- Russell Horning (Enterprise Community Partners) invited
- Lisa Richter (GPS Capital Partners)
- Robert Kleinhanz (Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation)
- Dr. Nancy L.C. Steele (Council for Watershed Health)
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Genesis LA