National Adaptation Forum with Lara Hansen and Amber Pairis
You are invited to be a part of the 1st National Adaptation Forum (NAF): Action today for a better tomorrow. Please join us as we kick-off the inaugural convening of adaptation practitioners and experts from around the country focused on moving from adaptation planning to adaptation action.
Goals of the NAF:
- Provide a professional development opportunity for the adaptation inclined.
- Contribute to the development of a community of practice around climate change adaptation.
- Create a venue for practitioners to share information, progress, and strategies, in order to build the capacity of their community.
- Supporting on the ground implementation by providing managers and regional experts with a venue to exchange knowledge of and tools for incorporating climate change into their work.
This professional development event affords attendees the opportunity to learn more about how to make their work climate smart, share what they have learned with others, and develop a stronger network to be climate savvy in all that they do.
NAF Executive Committee Members include:
- Margaret Davidson, NOAA
- Naomi Edelson, National Wildlife Federation
- Mike Goldstein, U.S. Forest Service
- Lara Hansen, EcoAdapt (1995 Switzer Fellow)
- Noah Matson, Defenders of Wildlife
- Amber Pairis, CA Department of Fish and Game (2001 Switzer Fellow)
- Joel Scheraga, U.S. EPA
For more information please visit: www.nationaladaptationforum.org. The agenda is coming soon, a call for abstracts (trainings, symposia and working group proposals) open October 15th , and registration will open November 1st. We hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you there.