Switzer Fellows in Philanthropy: Demystifying Philanthropy and Networking
This event will bring together grant-seeking and grant-making Switzer Fellows to demystify philanthropy, network and learn from each other. A panel discussion will introduce environmental philanthropy and best practices for building relationships with funders. Breakout sessions will offer the chance to network and ask questions in small groups on topics such as getting a job in philanthropy, fundraising and networking, and philanthropy's relationship with other organizations. Join us to have your questions about philanthropy answered in a supportive and candid discussion among fellows.
Panelists and breakout group leaders include:
- Kyra Busch, Former Program Officer, The Christensen Fund
- Jill Kauffman Johnson, Managing Director, Erol Foundation US
- Gillian Lui, Sustainability Program Manager at REI and Former Climate Research Fellow at The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Jason Mark , CEO, Energy Foundation
- Patrick McCarthy , Water Policy Officer, The Thornburg Foundation
- Roger Perez, Program Officer, Roy & Patricia Disney Family Foundation
- Sarah Reed, Executive Director, Robert & Patricia Switzer Foundation
- Elizabeth Soderstrom, Strategic Partnerships Officer, The Water Foundation
- Jen Sokolove, Director of Programs and Strategy, The Water Foundation
- Laura Wisland, Program Officer, Heising-Simons Foundation
This event is open only to Switzer Fellows and will be held via zoom. It will not be recorded in order to create a supportive space for open dialogue. Participation details will be sent via email closer to the date of the event.
Please fill out this form to share any thoughts or questions you'd like to submit in advance of the event.