A preliminary phone or e-mail conversation with foundation staff is advised before submitting a written request.
Switzer Fellows may apply for Professional Development Fund grants at any time using the application form. Written requests may be up to 1-2 pages and must include the following information, as requested on the application form:
- Name and contact information for fellow, including email address;
- Job title and employer;
- General responsibilities of current position;
- Description of the specific professional development opportunity for which funds are being requested, including dates, location, and fellow's role at the event (participant, presenter, attendee);
- Explanation of the fellow’s learning and networking goals for the event and how participation will advance the fellow's career;
- Cost of the professional development opportunity and amount of funds requested from the Switzer Foundation for this purpose; and
- Sources of other funding, including how much the fellow or their organization will fund the fellow's participation in the activity.
Download the application form here.
Applications may be submitted electronically to Erin Lloyd.